Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A thank-you apron.

I needed to make a "thank-you" gift for a girl in my ward. Still thinking of my color scheme from the table runner (see previous post), this combo stood out to me.




This is the most simple apron design I make. I lay out one of my Williams-Sonoma aprons onto the fabric, then trace the outline. Once you have the basic shape, you can embellish as much or as little as you are in the mood for (or have the time for!). In this case, I used the pocket tutorial from Dana of Dana Made It. Of course, I enlarged the pocket since this is an adult apron, and I left out the buttons. Finally, I added a 6 inch ruffle at the bottom. I hemmed the bottom of the ruffle, and serged the top edge. Next, I sewed my gathering stitch, gathered it up, and top stitched to attach to the apron. Super simple, but adds a nice feminine touch, if I do say so myself.

I don't really think it needs anything else, but I'm having fun with it, so I'm trying to decide if I should make a flower to attach up by the neck straps. Cute? Yes? No?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...