Sunday, December 19, 2010

Wrapping it up!

No pun intended in the title, but it does work.  I'm almost finished with my Christmas sewing.  Of course, I can always think of one or two more thing I could sew, but time is running out, and my company comes tomorrow.  I've never been so excited to see my mom!!!  I'm pregnant, and so tired I could sleep standing up, so I'm looking forward to having Grandma in town to entertain my munchkins!

I've told my mom not to check this blog until after Christmas, so I hope she listens.  I know I'm safe posting this tonight because she'll be on a plane early in the morning, and there's no way she checking blogs before she leaves.

Since Grace was born my mom has requested an ornament with my kids' pictures in them.  I don't have pictures of the first couple I made, but this picture was of the ornaments I gave her last year.


I didn't make her ornaments the year prior, so last year I had to make 2 ornaments per kid.

This year my mom requested ornaments yet again, and she asked for felt ones.  I think she liked last years which is nice, but I didn't want to do the exact same thing.  After seeing all the lovely Christmas decorations at Made on Maple East Coast, I decided to try the Anna Maria Holiday Hoots.  Annee's were so cute, and I thought a picture in the middle could work.





I think these turned out pretty darn cute if I do say so myself.  I'm just a little sad that I don't have any hoots for my own Christmas tree.  I keep thinking that after Christmas is over and all my holiday sewing is finished, then I'll make a couple of things for next Christmas.  Something tells me as soon as Christmas is over, Christmas sewing is going to go the bottom of my sewing to do list!  I guess I'll keep dreaming...and go put myself to bed so I can dream under the covers!

3 comments:

Kristina said...

love them, they are adorable!

Annee said...

Love them!! I wanted to make at least two more for my tree this year too. It hasn't happened yet. And I too keep thinking, "if only I would make them in January, I'd be so happy next December." The likelihood of that actually happening I think is close to zero percent!

Sarah said...

So cute! She'll love them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...