Thursday, December 15, 2011

Last Post of 2011

What a year!  Maybe during the first of 2012 we can review all that was created here at Made on Maple, but for now I've assigned myself the task of wrapping things up for 2011.

Due to the fact that my sewing room (which also doubles as the laundry room) looks like this, 


and Annee and I both are swimming (I might be drowning) in Christmas preparation, I'm blogging quickly to let you know that things will be quiet here on MOM until after the New Year.


My ironing board (my task board of sorts) is loaded with projects that will be completed after the holiday madness dies down.  I'm anxious to get to these projects, but first things first.  I'm like a little kid who needs to eat their vegetables (Christmas prep) before I can gluttonously devour my dessert (sewing projects that are NOT Christmas related).


I did manage to make one Christmas present, most likely the only Christmas present that will get sewn this year, and I thought I would share it with you.  I kind of wish I started making these in November and made some for myself.  These little house ornaments turned out as darling as I hoped.

Every year my mom requests an ornament with my kids' pictures on it.  I loved these little houses from Retro Mama, and I decided that I would figure out how to put a picture on it.  The fronts are darling...


The backs, well, let's just say they aren't my favorite, but I'm letting it go!




You see these darlings are really small, and the pictures I put on the back were too large to flip through the small opening without getting all wrinkled.

A perspective picture for you.  The houses are smaller than a can of tomatoes.

It's a good thing my mom knows what my kids look like or else I'd be really worried.  It's the thought that counts, right?

Thank you Retro Mama for the cute idea, tutorial and pattern!  Maybe next year my own tree will get some cute houses.  If you have any free time between now and Christmas, you should whip yourself up some mini houses.

And now, friends, I'm signing off until 2012. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and we'll see you in the New Year!!  Tootles for now!

3 comments:

Kristina said...

love how these turned out!! just pinned it and shared it on my facebook page. can you come make gifts for my family too?

Annee said...

Your version turned out so great!! Love these. I totally want to make some too. Did they take very long?

Liz said...

These lovelies come together really fast. The hardest part, and the part that took the longest, was figuring out what fabric to use. It uses very little fabric, so I had TONS of options!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...