Thursday, June 14, 2012

It's only taken me since Easter...


At Easter I had the idea of making two seersucker bow dresses for my ladies.  Unfortunately, after making a navy blue prototype, and then one green seersucker final draft dress, I was out of time.  The second/third one never got made.  As the weeks passed after Easter, I never felt excited about making a third dress that was exactly the same.  I get burned out easily from making the same thing over and over again.  It's why my girls aren't often matching.



But I still had enough yardage of a red seersucker to make another dress.  I've just been waiting to think of what style dress I wanted to make.  I decided to incorporate a bow somehow, so that when the sisters wear them side-by-side they will still look like a set.  Here's what I came up with:







Maybe you recognize the pattern?  


I had to enlarge the pattern, since I had actually cut out the pattern pieces from the original pattern.  The original pattern is  Simplicity pattern #2825.  

I am so happy to have finally finished my Easter project!!  I am slowly but surely getting things checked off the list.  Feels good.  

1 comment:

Liz said...

Oh how darling! I love this style and I kind of like how the seersucker dresses aren't the same but have the bow theme.

I have this pattern, but haven't used it yet. I bought it a while ago, and forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...