Monday, August 20, 2012

A Birthday Celebration

My frist born turned 6 yesterday.  When you look to the future, six years feels like a long time, but looking back the time went so fast.  Luckily 6 year olds still like birthday shirts and crowns.  Or at least mine does.

A Birthday 6 Shirt was in order just in case someone was confused whose birthday was being celebrated.


A felt crown birthday was also necessary.  I was going to make a coordinating skirt, but then I remembered this reversible number I made a while back that still fit.  I'm moving slower that usual in the sewing department these days, so pulling an already made skirt out of the drawer was the perfect solution. 


I did spend a lot of energy making goody bags.  I still think it's a fun idea to send our guests home with a handmade treasure even if it ends up taking me way too long to make something that I think is simple.


Lastly, and probably my favorite idea for this party, was decorating with my felt heart garland.  I made a ton of extra garland this last Valentine's day, and when I was looking for something more to add to our Happy Birthday banner, I saw my heart garland and thought it would be the perfect solution.


That's a birthday wrap.  I've made progress on my Flea Market Fancy quilt, but it might have to wait until after school starts.  I have dreams of making some new school dresses.  Hopefully I'll get some sewing energy back soon.  However, I did just discover the TV show Lost.  Have you seen it??  I'm obsessed.  Netflix has all season with no commercials.  It's dangerous.


1 comment:

Sarah said...

You Just discovered Lost?? I loved every second of that show. Desmond is my favorite. Have you met him yet? Happy Birthday Grace!! Cute bags. Festive banner. Those hearts really make it great!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...