Thursday, February 11, 2010

A LOVEly Little Skirt

Love is in the air.



I share the same sentiment as Annee on party garland. I too *heart* it. I kept my Christmas party garland up until the end of January. George's birthday is coming up, and I'm thinking I should make some birthday party garland and leave it up from George's birthday in April until Grace's birthday in August. I think that's a pretty sweet idea. When I saw Annee's felt heart garland, I just knew I needed some in my house. Once mine was made and hung, I decided that a friend needed a chain of love for her birthday. This is a very simple project. Go and get yourself some felt and start cutting!

While thinking of love and Valentine's Day, I've been daydreaming of what kind of skirt to make Grace for the holiday of love. I have a toddler who will wear what I make, so the need to make a cute outfit has been on my mind for days.
As I looked at patterns online and lots of pictures, I finally decided to use one of my own Anthropologie skirts as my inspiration and make Grace a skirt with box pleats. This is the first skirt I've made with no pattern or tutorial.




I'm pretty much in love with it. Almost as much as I am with the little girl who gets to wear it.


While I'd LOVE to share a pattern or tutorial for the LOVEly Little Skirt, my day job starts in less than 8 hours, and a girl's got to get her beauty sleep. Maybe a little later....

3 comments:

Annee said...

The skirt turned out AMAZING!! I'm totally going to have to make one here in Korea! Outstanding. You even added the ric rac trim?! There is no stopping you.

Sarah said...

Liz you did great, it is so cute!! Look at you designing on your own and inventing things. I think that is when sewing is the most fun. The challenge and satisfaction of turning your vision into a reality.

Kim said...

Love my party garland! Thanks and I LOVE that skirt!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...