Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A little peak.

I've been working on a little something special for a tiny someone special!  This goes down as one of my favorite projects to date.  Love the fabric!  (Aneela Hoey's "Little Apples" for Moda.)  Love the design!  Love the size!  Love thinking about the tiny recipient!  So many things to love.

The Baby Pinwheel Quilt:


I used a single charm pack to make this quilt.  On the front, I used 32 charm squares.  I've paired each one with a 5 inch square of Kona White, 64 half-square-triangles later, this is what you come up with.  


I incorporated the last few squares from the charm pack on the backing.  More pictures to come by the end of the week.

 
The quilt top currently measures 40x40.  I probably used about 1 yard of the Kona white in addition to the charm pack.  The little black border was just something I had in the stash.  

I can't wait to get this quilted and bound and sent off!  But I am going to miss looking at these sweet prints.  I'll have to think of something else to make with these fabrics.  

P.S. While finding links for this post, I came across this little embroidery pattern from Aneela's Etsy shop.  I'm thinking I'm about to go make a quick purchase.  I'm dreaming of Halloween skirts!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Lucky little someone...:)

Sarah said...

That is darling. Sweet fabrics indeed.

Rachel F. said...

Wow I love this!! Nice work.

Liz said...

Now I want a pinwheel quilt more than ever!! It's gorgeous. Well done!

KevandChels said...

love, love, love the fabric and the pinwheels! did you get it at wish upon a quilt?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...