Thursday, June 30, 2011

Are you getting ready for the 4th of July?

Well, this is as far as I got with my decorating this year.  I was most grateful to Liz for posting the tutorial to get me motivated to make one for myself.


I had to go with fabric pinwheels instead of yo-yos.  That's how much I dislike making yo-yos.  Maybe if I practiced a bit more I'd get good at them.  For now, I hate making them.


Besides, I thought the pinwheels were appropriately festive.  Do you recognize the use of my Sherbet Pips charm pack?  It was kind of a stretch to use them in a red-white-and blue/grey color scheme, but I was hoping my neighbors would forgive me my creative license (who else would care what color my wreath is?!).



The best part about this project is how versatile it's going to be.  For now it is decorated for the 4th of July, but when that fun holiday comes and goes, just watch my wreath transform itself into a colorful summer wreath.  Are you getting excited?

1 comment:

Liz said...

I love it!! I really like the pinwheels. Will you be showing us how to make are own?

I can't wait to see what you turn your wreath into next!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...