Today started off a huge high. Grace was thrilled with her new outfit. I believe she said something like, "Mama, it's more beautiful then my princess outfits." Then she spent entire too long staring at herself in the mirror, and told me, "I just can't stop staring at myself because I look so beautiful in my new outfit." It totally made my day.
The skirt is adorable, and after seeing it in action on my model, I have a feeling I might make another one of these some day. It's such a cute design, and it's full and good to twirl in which little girls like.
Also, one other thing I forgot to mention yesterday about sewing the Ring Around the Rosie Skirt was how I gathered it. I used THIS method. It's the second time I've used it, and it worked perfectly. This will definitely be my go-to method in the future. If you have the Brother 1034 serger, try THIS! It won't disappoint.
Sew, I had a fabulous photo shoot, and that was sadly kind of the end of the sewing high I'd been on for the past couple of days.
Today I attempted to make leggings. Sounds simple enough, right?! I thought it would be a totally easy day. However, I underestimated leggings. Totally underestimated them.
I managed to *convert* one of the legs to a lefty, and sewed up the leggings, so I could see if the pattern was going to work. My mini model let me know they were too tight. Total bummer. I'm thinking I should have started with the Lil Blue Boo pattern that I have. No use crying over spilled milk.
I did make a couple of adjustments to my pattern and made another pair of plain red ones tonight. Grace has a hard time falling asleep, so I had her come and try them on for me, and they worked. Sew, I guess the pattern I drafted wasn't entire a waste.
Fabric: Annee kindly sent me the red flower knit for my birthday. It was the only actual present, besides money, that I got for my birthday this year. It was special knit. Boo hoo it didn't work! The plain red fabric I used has been in my stash for a couple of years. I bought it at the Michael Levine Loft in the LA fashion district. It cost $2/lb. I think it worked better then the red flower fabric, because it has more stretch to it. There's a wide variety of knits out there. The plain red I had definitely makes for better leggings. However, I still have one more cute knit print that I could make leggings out of. It just might happen.
Lastly, I had to make a little something for Georgie. I was going to do a reverse appliqué, but after all the experimenting on the leggings, I was done trying out a new technique and/or pattern. I'm not sad. This shirt is totally cute.
Two more days. I'm feeling kind of tired, but I'm not giving up! I can do this!
P.S. - There's HAS to be a faster way of uploading pictures to blogger. It's SO slow. It's killing me!!