Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas sewing is OVER!!

On December 23rd when all of my Christmas sewing was finished, I finally decided to make myself the table runner that I've admired of Liz's. Loosely following the tutorial found on the Craftzine blog, here is the finished result:




Trying to compliment my black and white curtains, while using the last bit of scrapes of some of my favorite fabrics, I hope this runner will have a place in my dining room for many years still to come.

Thanks for the hot tip Liz. Loved the inspiration from that tutorial. I ended up making my rectangles the same dimensions of those in the tutorial, I just made more of them, so that my finished length was 78" long. Lots of long, straight sewing lines. Kind of boring to sew, but anything but boring to look at when it was finished!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...