Friday, January 22, 2010

Babies are coming...

It's the season of baby showers here in Korea. Using one of my favorite Anna Maria fabrics, I threw together a little Appliqued Ribbon Blanket (see tutorial at side bar). Pretty easy, highly rewarding, always loved by mom and baby alike:

The back side is the pink minky fabric, which is hard to resist (and hard to deal with, so sewer beware!)

The next baby shower I go to, I hope I'll be bringing a completed quilt. Here are the sixteen blocks I have so far...




I used to think I hated quilting, because it's too precise. But having the freedom to combine so many fabrics in endless combinations is something that I love. More to come as this one works it's way towards completion. Happy to report the colors are making my LONG January a little bit brighter. Thinking about the 1.5" white sashing still waiting to be done is not equally cheery.

That's all I've got for tonight.

3 comments:

Liz said...

That quilt is so beautiful! I love all the fabrics, and I agree quilting is more exciting when you get to put together so many different prints. I can't wait to see it all finished.

I really need to make a taggie. Yours turned out so cute.

Liz said...

Annee, I'm looking at your quilt again because I've been thinking about how much I love design. Did you just come up with the pattern?

Annee said...

I sure didn't Liz. Thanks to all the online resources out there, this was a lovely tutorial that someone has available on their website. I believe it's on the Cluck, Cluck, Sew blog. I need to put a link to it. Remember, Cluck, Cluck, Sew is also where the tree pillow came from? She's got so many cute ideas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...