Monday, April 5, 2010

For Easter...

I made the "Popover Sundress" from the lovely Oliver & S website.  It's a FREE pattern.  When I first looked through the pattern, I thought it might not be anything too special.  But after looking through the Flickr group of the finished products, I was inspired.  Adding the ruffle I think was a nice touch (I was afraid it was too short).  In the end, this will become a go-to pattern this summer.  So simple, great fit, a quick sew, options are endless.  Jane is counting down the days when I let her wear it sans-shirt underneath

Here's Ruby modeling her outfit.  These girls would hardly stand still for these photos.  It was pretty hopeless.  But I liked Ruby's dress so much better this time when she tried it on.  It was redeemed to me.  The fit was cute, and she pulled it off beautifully.  I do so love the fabric. 



I leave you with the following photo montage of me trying to capture the memory of these dresses on this Easter Sunday....


A final note about the Popover Sundress, it only requires six pieces (to cut out), and sews together in about two hours or less.  It's super easy and very satisfying.  Trust me, if you have a little girl who loves wearing dresses, this is a great pattern for the forthcoming warmer weather.  Who can beat free?! 

1 comment:

Liz said...

Cute cute cute!!! Jane and Ruby look smashing as always. I can't wait to make Grace a Popover dress. Free patterns are my favorite! Thanks for the hot tip.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...