Saturday, July 10, 2010

Home in the South




I arrived home to my house in the South on Wednesday, and have been busy finishing the pillows above.  I sewed them before I came, but I still had to handstitch the binding.



As a reward for finishing them yesterday, my parents watched my little ones today, so I could sneak off to a little fabric shop in the Atlanta area called Whipstitch.  Dana from MADE did a demo a couple weeks back at Whipstitch, so I knew that while I was in town I'd need to find my way to this shop.

While the store was very charming and had some great fabrics, nothing compares to Happy Quilt.  I got to go to Happy Quilt twice on my trip to S. Korea, but sometimes I wonder if I will ever return to that slice of heaven on earth!!!



Of course I couldn't leave empty handed, so I bought myself some Tina Givens (right) that I've seen and have longed to have in my stash.  I'm thinking it will be a good throw pillow fabric.  You know because I need some more throw pillows.  I also couldn't pass up the Joel Dewberry (left) fabric because I got two yards for $10, and that seemed like a screaming deal compared to other fabrics in the shop.  I also really like Joel Dewberry, but don't have anything of his stuff in my stash.  Now I do.  Happy day!

I'm not sure what's on the horizon for sewing from me in the next couple of weeks.  I'm on vacation at my mom's house for a little while.  Stay tuned, but please keep your expectations very, very low!

2 comments:

NicoleD said...

Your pillows turned out fabulous! I especially love the circle one. Great job!

Kristina said...

Yay! You posted. I'm so glad you got time off to go to the fun fabric store. The pillows look gorgeous too! Great work

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...