Sunday, September 5, 2010

View "B"

I finally got it done, Liz!  View "B" of the Jump Rope dress pattern.  I thought I might try to have 2 versions of the Jump Rope dress by today, Sunday.  But somewhere around Friday that started seeming unrealistic.  And when there was a front placket mishap late on Saturday night, the vision was flushed down the toilet. 

But let's not dwell on what was lost (moment of silence for the missing second dress).  Let's focus on what we got, a darling View "B" dress for church today.  Lovely! 



My one small achievement with it all was, I think, the addition of the ruffle:

(I basted the ruffle to the front of the dress wrong side of ruffle, to right side of dress, in the step before you sew the plackets to the front of the dress.  It is not tricky at all, but does add a bit of bulk to the placket  You have to be okay with that before you go-for-it.  A bit of bulk is a small price to pay for ruffle in my opinion!)


This was a little trim I picked up on my last trip to Seoul.  For that it is precious to me, and the dress will always be a treasure.  I have a bit more of it.  I'm not sure if I'll be able to ever "use" it, because then it will all be gone. 


Ruby, all on her own thought you would enjoy a picture of the sleeve.  "Get a picture of the sleeve mom, it's cute too",  were her words exactly.  Thank you Ruby, the sleeve is cute! 

So there you have it.  My re-cap on the Oliver & S Jump Rope Dress, View "B". 

Somehow on Thursday night as I was putting Jane to bed, there was a bit of drama, I can't remember why.  Somehow I thought it would calm her to know that if she would drop the drama, that I could possibly find time to make her a new skirt to wear to school in the morning.  I wish I could remember why I offered that solution?  Thursday was a late night.

But Friday morning made it worth it:

 
A simple pleated skirt from the One Yard Wonders book.  Easily finished this one in about an hour.  The hardest part was figured out if I should go for the orange ric-rac or stick with the possibly more preferred pink.  I went with the orange, and then imagine how happy I was to remember that I had the orange tee already in the draw in their room, just waiting for an owl to be put on it!  What late-night luck...

... and early morning happiness. 


And who isn't  proud when they send not one, but TWO little girls off to kindergarten in outfits made by MOM?! 

And there you have it, one post closer to the big 100!!

3 comments:

Liz said...

Oh how sad about the second JR dress. A moment of silence was observed on the West Coast for the fallen solider. :)

But, oh my, that View "B" is priceless! The ruffle is a must have on the next one I make. The bulk would definitely be worth it. It such a sweet compliment to the dress. Love it! Way to go!!!

And, I love that to solve the tears a new skirt was offered. I'm pretty positive I would have offered a piece of chocolate or a lollipop! But, the skirt solution was so worth it. I love the simple skirt with the darling owl. I'll be making an owl shirt for sure!

Thank you Ruby and Jane for being such cute models!! Love the earrings!

Sarah said...

Great job on view B!!! I love the ruffle addition. And the skirt and owl shirt, what a great color combination. The owl is brilliant! Such a cute shape and I love the flower button eyes!

Justine of SewCountryChick said...

I also just made a skirt for mt 7 year old i posted on my blog. I LOVE that kKorean fabric and the dress turned out A+dorable Do you mind if I add you to my blogroll?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...