Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Liz had a baby.

Which gave me the perfect excuse to get back to sewing.  The dresser took up a lot of time and space!  I decide to set a deadline for myself for these little projects.  Or else, I might have still been sewing them when little Henry was turning 1.  Let's just say that summer sewing isn't all that I had dreamed it would be.


I knew he needed a blanket that announced his name.  Since there was so much discussion about it for the whole nine months that Liz was pregnant, when a decision was made, a blanket with his name on it was in order.  It is backed with the softest Moda flannel.  I just couldn't bare to back it in a fuzzy minky given the heat of the summer!


Next, a baby gift was the perfect excuse to buy a fat quarter of Birch's latest organic cotton.  The bike print was irresistible. 


A little shot of my last bit of a favorite ribbon from Korea.  


I was so excited when I saw pictures of baby Henry with a pacifier in his mouth.  I've been wanting to try the MADE tutorial for these pacifier holders.  I've had the suspender clips in the collection for probably a year!


Finally a little diaper clutch in a fat quarter of Nicey Jane.  Another fabric I've been waiting to use.


Of course, no gift to Liz would be complete without a little touch of Anna Maria Horner fabric!  


Thanks for having a baby Liz.  It felt so great to sew again.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love them ALL Annee! That sweet blanket is my fave, though!

Liz said...

Henry and I love it all, too! Thank you Sew Sister.

Sarah said...

Wow Annee, what a package full of goodies! So many great things. I love that fabric on the "Henry" Blanket.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...