Thursday, May 10, 2012

PJs and Peek-A-Boos

Life has been busy here on West Coast MOM.  My husband turned 40, and we celebrated with a little vacation.  Re-entry to normal life after going out of town always sets me back a couple of days.  I've sewn since I last posted, but I just haven't had the time to take pictures and form coherent thoughts to put in a blog post.  Hopefully this blog post isn't the worst one I've done.  It's certainly not the best.


As promised I finally got pictures of the last thing I made for the KCWC.  I always feel badly when I present Grace with a new dress or skirt or whatever.  It's much easier to come up with things to sew for little girls, so George gets left out a little bit.  Everything in this post was for my big boy.  Now he totally knows I love him.



I whipped out some pajamas on the last day of the clothing week challenge.  I just took a PJ pant pattern I've used to make him some PJ pants recently, and then shortened them.  Easy.



I then had the bright light blue shirt sitting in my sewing room.  I found it on sale at Target for like $3.  I couldn't pass it up.  It's probably not my favorite color for a little boy, but for a PJ shirt it's perfect.  I added some arrows to the shirt matching it to the arrows on the fabric I used for the PJ pants.





George loves his new night clothes.  Can you tell??

Next I hosted Sewing Circle at MOM West Coast HQ's this week.  Unfortunately lots of girls weren't able to make it.  However, two good things out of a small crowd 1) more treats for those that did come, and 2) I got to sew.  I made a Mother's Day present and then I made a Peek-A-Boo Bag.



I pinned the Peek-A-Boo Bag a week or sew ago, and my friend Kimmy B. aka Kim (creator of Pin This Not That where she reveals if pins from Pinterest are really as great as people say they are) commented that she wanted to make a bag too.  Sew away we went making Peek-A-Boo Bags.



The tutorial comes from Make It Perfect.  I discovered Make It Perfect when I first started sewing 3 1/2 years ago.  I own her Pinny 2 pattern.  It's a good one, and I've always liked her style.  The Peek-A-Boo bags are the perfect bag for a little boy like my George who likes to just carry stuff around.  I also think this bag would make a cute gift or addition to a gift for a toddler or little one.

That's all for tonight.  I'm not sure what's next for me in the sewing room.  I did get a dress pattern for Grace that I was all excited about before I left town, but my passion for the project has died a little.  I also thought I was going to make a quilt, but again I'm not sure it's what I'm dying to sew next.  As soon as I get it all figured out, I'll be sure to keep you posted!

If you have any good ideas, send them my way!  What should I sew next??



3 comments:

Annee said...

Sew the dress. I'd love it if you discovered a new great pattern!

Sarah said...

Fun to see George's modeling skills.
Those peekaboo bags are great. How fun to have a sewing get together.

Anonymous said...

Yummmmm, those treats were tasty! I think I ate about half the plate. :) Thanks for hosting the sewing night! -Sophia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...