Saturday, October 27, 2012

Halloween Skirt

Boo!



I'm here.  I've been sewing a little, and I've made a list of all the things I want to sew, and I'm pretty much going to be busy from now until Christmas and beyond.

*Please note and forgive the background and lighting in my pictures.  I had Grace pose for me literally 5 minutes before she walked out the door for school.  I know I could have done the photo shoot after school, but you just never know if it will happen or not.  Sew I ceased the moment.  At least now you know that I do wash dishes.


One thing that didn't make it to the list was a Halloween skirt for Grace.  I had two cute fabrics, but not enough to make anything out of the two fabrics other than a skirt.  I made it extra long, sew it will last for a couple of years.  You might think I'm kidding.  I'm not.  Grace will only be able to wear it a couple more days this year, so I'm crossing my fingers it lasts for another year or two.  I'll just make an adjustment to the elastic next year, and voila, she has Halloween skirt for another year.


The Candy Corn Shirt has now lasted 2 years I think.  


I haven't made Halloween costumes for my kiddos since Grace was my only kiddo.  I don't know why I'm just not that into sewing for Halloween.  Maybe next year I'll get all creative and go big for Halloween.

However, this year a Halloween skirt is about as good as it's going to get.  Oh, I have made some simple trick-or-treating bags that I need to take pictures of, and then I'll share.


And, I did pull out a box of handmade items I've made, and I found the Halloween costume I made for Grace for her 2nd Halloween when she was the only child.  I made it back before I really knew what I was doing with a sewing machine.  When I get Henry all dressed up in it, I'll share it with you.  I think he'll be pretty darn cute in it.

Off to dreamland.  Good night!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...