Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Parisian Pants

I'm back!  Crazy to have two post so close together, but alas, I forgot that I made something else and didn't include it in my August monthly post.

A year ago or so (I kind of wish that was an exaggeration but it's not) a friend of mine went to Paris on vacation.  I dream of Paris.  I want to go to Paris.  My daughter wants to go to Paris.  One day I tell her I'm going to take her.  I hope it happens sooner rather than later.  Okay, but my love and desire to see Paris really have nothing to do with this post, but I felt I needed to let it be known that one day I will see Paris in real life!



Anyway, my friend went to Paris, and while she was there she went to a/the fabric district and found lots of fabric.  She said I would be in heaven.  I'm sure I would be.  While on vacation, this friend thought of me, and brought me back a 1/4 yd of Parisian fabric.  It was seriously the sweetest random act of kindness.


I've stared at the fabric in my stash for a long time wondering what in the world I was going to make with the beautiful 1/4 yd.  So many possibilities, but yet not so many because I didn't have so much fabric.


So I went with a classic pattern, the Quick Change Trousers.  You can never go wrong with this pattern.  I paired the Parisian fabric with some Sarah Jane fabric, and Hank was sporting his new pants several Sundays ago. 


Sorry for the blurry iPhone pictures, but honestly, how do you get a 2 year old to sit still after church?!  I forgot to snap the pictures before church.

I love the fabric, I love the Quick Change Trousers, I love kind friends, and I know if I ever get to Paris, I will love it too.



I'm currently working on a Patchwork Prism Quilt and am having the hardest time deciphering between green, turquoise and aqua. It's kind of driving me a little crazy.  Here's to hoping I get it figured out!

Tootles for now!

3 comments:

Annee said...

Is that a onsie polo shirt?! If not, how does he keep his shirt tucked in?? And did he wear the outfit with moccasins? What a sweet post. I love the pants!

Liz said...

It's a onesie polo shirt, and I was hoping I could find a red one, but no luck! I couldn't even find a red polo shirt (at Old Navy and Target, my two go-to shops).

And, of course, the moccasins were a part of this outfit! Just didn't make it into the photo shoot!

Adam Heder said...

These turned out soooo cute! I'll have to make them with my fabric (since we have the same!) Let me know if you have any more of that pirate fabric for the booty --haha! no pun intended! XO Diana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...