Thursday, January 12, 2012

A little recap interruption.

I still have some really special December surprises that I want to record here on the blog, but I have to interrupt the walk down memory lane, and give you a glimpse into my last two days.

Here are the facts:

  • I bought THIS pattern somewhere back in December when all I could think of sewing was anything BUT Christmas presents...
  • A dear, dear, dear, lucky friend (because she still lives in Korea and has access to Happy Quilt), sent me some gorgeous Sarah Jane fabric back in November.  What was worth making with it?!
  • Recently I thought I had lost my sewing mojo, but suddenly I had the thought to combine the Apron Wrap Dress pattern WITH the Sarah Jane fabric.
  • And that, in a nutshell, encapsulates my last two days...
  • One final thought on the matter.  I have twins.  If I make one super cute dress, and someone chooses to wear it, it basically becomes the first wearers new dress for life.  Ruby wore the wrap dress first.  It was darn cute, and Jane was twinged with envy.  Jane begged me, even put herself to bed early at 7:30pm so that I could have lots of time to sew, so that she could wake up to an Apron Wrap Dress of her very own. 
  • Two days in a row, Two Apron Wrap Dresses later (don't feel too, too sorry for me.  It sews together pretty fast)...







Did I mention it's fully reversible?!  See for yourself:




Two Happy Sisters!

One Tired Mom!

Good Night.

6 comments:

Liz said...

Ahh!!! I love these so much. And I absolutely love that Jane put herself to bed to get her very own apron wrap dress. Talk about motivation to sew.

I'm in love. I'm sure Grace will need one too.

Katie said...

What a cute dress and I adore the dolly fabric! I think my daughter needs one too.

K. Davis said...

LOVE what you used the fabric for... I have another package to send off to you soon :) just a little more love from Korea! Also, I adore the sun flared photo

Annee said...

Karen, you are too good to me!!

Katie said...

Ok! I just ordered the dolls at play fabric with the co-ordinating pinwheels fabric. I can't wait to get it. Thank you for introducing me to this cute fabric and awesome shop!

Sarah said...

How exciting to get fabric love from the Happy Quilt. I love a good sewing frenzy. You have 2 lucky little girls over there. So cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...