Monday, February 27, 2012

Lego Man Birthday Shirt

**I'm updating this with a link to the Lego Man template.  Just in case you want to make you own.  Look for the link at the end of this post!**

I'm putting up a quick post, but it's not like I have anything major to say or show.  I do have a couple of projects that are sitting on top of my washing machine (my workspace) just waiting for me to have the energy to finish them.  Tomorrow two of my three little ones will be out of my hair for a couple of hours, so maybe I'll make some headway.

Sew for tonight, I only have one project.  It might not seem like much, but know that it was made with lots of love  and actually took a tad bit longer to make then I had anticipated.  (Look at all those pieces I sewed around!!)


My George was invited to his first drop off party this past Saturday.  The party was Lego themed, so I wanted to make a lego birthday shirt to go with our present.  After a quick search on Etsy to see other Lego men shirts, I had a vision of what I wanted.  I drew up a pattern, cut out all my felt pieces, and used a TON of pins to keep my Lego man in place while I sewed around all those pieces.


I had a little t-shirt crisis going into this project.  I usually get my plain t-shirts at Target, but this seasons short sleeve shirts all have pockets on them.  I've taken pockets off before, but they leave small holes, so after searching around I settled on a striped shirt from Old Navy.  Of course, this required a fast phone call to my sew sister while my kids ran wild around Old Navy.  Annee assured me the stripes would work.  And, indeed they did.


And there you have my Lego Man Birthday shirt.  I have two more birthday shirts to make, maybe some birthday crowns, and then I have some cute scrappy placemats to finish.  More to come soon!  I hope!!

Want to make your own Lego Man birthday shirt??  Go HERE and download and print out your own lego man template.

8 comments:

Kristina said...

Loved it! Andrew loves it too. The striped shirt made it even more awesome. Thank you!!

Annee said...

That's a whole lot of pins! The shirt turned out awesome. I think the strips are a real bonus. Picking pockets off of knit tees is no fun at all!

Jennifer said...

What is it with pockets on plain t-shorts. I have the same problem with plain t-shirts for boys in Aus, you can't find anything without a pocket.

Sarah said...

Totally awesome, :)

Liz said...

Jennifer, I'm so glad that someone else is feeling my pain with the pockets on t-shirts. The silly thing about the pockets is that they are so small that little boys can't even use them!

Valerie Earnest said...

Thanks so much for sharing this- your pattern saved me a lot of time, and my son loves his shirt! I just wanted to let you gals know I shared how my shirt turned out on my blog (with a link back to your tutorial, of course). http://occasionallycrafty.blogspot.com/2012/03/lego-man-shirt-and-birthday-traditions.html

Thanks again-
Valerie

Annee said...

Thanks Valerie!

mollyt said...

Thank you for the pattern! I was browsing the internet for some clip art for my son's birthday shirt and came across your blog. This is PERFECT! Thank you so much! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...