Wednesday, April 18, 2012

30 Minute Wreath



Sew, as you can tell from my lack of post last week, I was not up to the challenge of posting every day like Annee did the week before.  I'm sure no one really noticed, and Annee wasn't mad at all.  It wasn't that I didn't have things to share, but rather I was swimming in birthday prep for my big 4 year old.  There wasn't a lot of sewing involved for preparing for the party, but I did manage to whip out a monogrammed shirt for all George's friends who came to celebrate.



Also, all week long I had my Birthday Balloon Wreath adorning the front door, so all those who came to visit would know that they needed to wish someone a happy birthday.  Technically I could leave the Birthday Balloon Wreath up until August, because we have birthdays every month until then, but I need a break from celebrating.



Two (maybe 3) week ago, I whipped this fast 30 Minute Wreath up in the Laundry Room.  I found the above wreath on Pinterest.  At first I thought the fabric on the wreath was black and white polka dot, but turns out it's navy blue not black.  I had black and white on hand, and I think my wreath turned out just as cute.




There is no sewing involved, and I'm not kidding when I say it took me 30 minutes.  Probably if you have no crafting experience at all it might take you an hour.

I just cut 2 1/2 inch strips of fabric and wrapped it around my 16 inch straw wreath (DON'T take off the plastic on the wreath) using straight pins to keep the fabric in place.


Once the wreath was wrapped I used my trusty glue gun to make a felt bow.  I thought I used a tutorial to make my bow, but I'm not sure what one I used.  Maybe I'll come up with a how-to and post one later.  It only takes 3 pieces of felt and two shots/lines of hot glue.  Seriously simple.



There you go. Another wreath.  Because I'm really lacking in wreath decor at MoM West Coast!

1 comment:

Sarah Moran said...

I love the wreath, especially because I have everything to make this in my house right now! Thanks for the great idea.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...