Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Creating.

I had cleared the whole agenda for today.  I was going to do my run later in the day.  I was back from dropping the kids off at school by 8am.  I was already dressed!  I was going to allow myself to sew all.day.long.  It was going to be epic.  And awesome.

At 10:30am, the phone rang.  It was the substitute coordinator at the school:

"Hello Mrs. Earnest.  Are you available to come in this afternoon...(asked in a very tentative voice)"

I answered back in a super chipper voice (even to my surprise), "Of course.  I'll be right in."

And there went my epic day of sewing.  Here's where I was at, right before I left:


I was in the process of figuring out if this little collection of fabrics could become anything before Feb. 14th?!


Happily I had just barely finished two more Wristlets before I answered the phone:


This owl print remains one of my favorites though it's been in the stash for years.  Makes me wish I'd use it more often.


Coordinating fabric on the inside:


Here's one thing I learned from doing it wrong the first time.  If you don't sew the bag with the perfect 1/2" seam allowance that the pattern calls for, you will end up with a little gap next to the zipper, like mine has:



Totally happy I didn't have to learn that lesson over again!  Here's a link to the pattern again.  It remains my favorite purse ever since I made it a few weeks ago.  I think I've carried it everyday since then.  You should have one too!  These ones are off to be loved by other friends...





Finally, when getting back out to the sewing garage wasn't happening, I decided to create a treat in honor of Family Home Evening instead.  Darin brought home a box of Duncan Hines Milk Chocolate Chunk Decadent Brownie Mix.  It was by far the best brownies from a mix I've ever tasted.  Of course, they had to suggest taking them to the next level with this recipe HERE.  I just so happen to have all of the necessary ingredients on hand, so we took them to the next level! 


YUM!!

I'll be subbing again tomorrow, so my collection of fabrics will probably continue to sit on the cutting table for a few more days.  It's unlikely that the brownies will last past breakfast.  

Have fun creating.

2 comments:

Stephensens Rock said...

Love the wristlets! Do the girls have matching ones for all of their outfits? I didn't know you were subbing, good for you :) You need something to help support your sewing :)

Liz said...

Those brownies might need to be in my house soon!!

Can't wait to see what the collection of fabrics turn into.

I'm totally loving those wristlets. How long does it take to make one?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...