Friday, May 28, 2010

My New Favorite Pillow


I've made several banners this week.  While I do enjoy the finished products, sometimes the process is like eating vegetables.  I love vegetables, but if you were to offer me some carrots or a chocolate chip cookie I can guarantee you I'd take the cookie. 

So my vegetables for the week included a *celebrate* banner,




a *welcome* banner, and a Happy Birthday banner.  Sorry no pic of the HB banner!



All the banners turned out lovely in my opinion, but none of them come close to my new creation.

I saw this pillow on Cluck.Cluck.Sew last week.  I knew I needed to have it, so I pushed it to the top of my Sewing To Do List.  It is my new favorite pillow.  It was very simple to prep, and sewing wasn't too bad.  Of course, I did a zipper closure on the back, and I added a rhinestone button as the center of my flower.  The fabric under the felt is a Michael Miller print, Mod Boxes.



The back is an Henry Alexander print called Zinnia.  I can't find it online at the moment.  Sorry.



Now I need to figure out what's going to get crossed off my list next....

4 comments:

Annee said...

Oh my goodness!!! What more can I say? I will need one immediately upon arriving at my new house. Great use of the rhinestone button :)

Annee said...

P.S. Did you finally get to keep some banners for yourself? I'm curious.

Sarah M. said...

Oh man that pillow is beautiful. Did you use regular felt or wool?? I really need to start making pillows. I should just take the plunge and do it.

Kevin and Kristina said...

Gorgeous pillow! and thanks for the help with the HB banner! I'll have to send you a picture once i hang it up in utah. looks so cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...