Tuesday, February 7, 2012

It doesn't have a name yet...



I got this idea to make a quilt for every season.  I have my summer quilt!  This is supposed to be The Winter Quilt.  It's going to get backed in a super soft flannel just to make sure it's cozy for winter.  I'm already looking ahead to my Spring quilt.  Fabric is starting to arrive in the mail box!  

But wait, let's not forget where we're at:


 This moment of accomplishment should be celebrated!

It started off as a fabric bundle back in October:


Three moths or so later, with a little bit of grey and off white added, it's my new favorite winter quilt...


It's not the first time I've made a zigzag quilt, but it is the first time I've made a quilt with all solids.  It's a bit tricky in the planning stages to figure out how to lay it out.  Lucky for me I found an awesome quilt-along which I was able to benefit from.


Finished size is about 50x60.  Perfect lap size.  It all started with 5" squares.  180 of them to be exact.  I had 1/2 yard cuts of all my colors, and I have barely any scrapes left over.  That was lucky!

I'm a little nervous about how different it's going to look quilted.  I think I have a plan, but I'm not sure if I'm going to love it after it's done.  I'll never know until I try, so stay tuned for the finished quilt.  Hopefully by the end of the week!


2 comments:

Liz said...

It's stunning. Gorgeous!! Can't wait to see how you quilt it.

Ginger said...

Wow! Very Bold. I love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...