Monday, April 16, 2012

Spring Break Sewing.

The kids were off of school for a week, and we wanted to take a trip to the beach for a few days.  The ladies got to pick out new bathing suits, and somehow they both felt like a swimsuit cover up was required attire on top of the new suits.  I don't know if it's just me, but I have a hard time wanting to spend money on the cover-ups.  They are always so simply made, that I am plagued with the thought, "I could make that myself".

To get out of the store without a daughter in tears, I hastily promised I would make her a swimsuit cover up!  When I got in the car, I wondered to myself what my plan was...

Thanks to my best friend Google, I quickly stumbled upon this darling tutorial from one of my favorite crafty/sewing blogs, Crafterhours:



I quickly found a few old Target beach towels and thought I'd give it a try.  This is a draft-your-own-pattern type of a project.  For me, that is always a risky proposition.  I never quite know if it's going to turn out.  Lucky for Jane it did, because there was NO time to spare:

Turned out pretty cute.  


Except, maybe it's a little too long?


And maybe I could have done the A-line shape better?


And I hated doing the bias tape binding on the neck and arms.


But it was the perfect beach accessory, and Jane loved wearing it!


Um, probably I need to make another one.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Sew cute!!! I think being long just means it can last another season. Love the last picture of Jane and Ruby. Darling!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...