Sunday, April 29, 2012

Marissa Dress

I really got into the Kid's Clothes Week Challenge this week.  I almost think it was better that I stumbled upon it instead of anticipating it for weeks.  I wasn't planning on sewing every day, but I did, and I'm so glad.  

As promised the Sunday day dress known as the Marissa Dress.  Annee has sewn this one a couple of times.  Every time she spotlights it, I've thought it looks like it will take forever and is probably pretty hard.  Surprisingly this dress didn't take me forever and wasn't that hard.  I can't believe I put off sewing it for so long.  


You'll see more of these for Grace for sure.  She loved it as much as I did.  I love the fitted bodice on this dress.  The pattern was so well written that while it may look tricky and complicated the bodice came together much easier then I expected.


I also love the full skirt.


And Grace just loved everything about it.  In fact these pictures were taken several hours after church.  She just didn't want to get out of the dress.  It's feminine and comfortable.


It's the perfect dress to look fancy for church in, but then to come home and run in the backyard in. 


I can't sing enough praises to this pattern nor could I stop taking pictures.  Grace was fed up with me by the end.  I could have taken a dozen more pictures, but I think you get a feel for the dress.  Or should I post more of it tomorrow??


Not really.  Tomorrow I'll show you the two other things I made this weekend for the KCWC.  Grace got another article of clothing, and then I felt badly for George, so he too got a little something.  Once I get pictures I'll be sure to share.  Now I can't decide if my sewing room is going to get a break because I sewed so much last week, or if this challenge will help me start chipping away at my mental sewing "Things To Sew" list.  I'll be sure to keep you posted!

2 comments:

Annee said...

It's such a great dress! The fabric is magical as well. Makes me want to make more.

Natasha said...

Gorgeous and inspiring!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...