Oh this was a labor of love. I mean that not because anything was particularly hard, but rather the whole thing was just kind of time consuming. There was a collar, a placket (that still needs buttons but I can't remember how to make my machine do those), two sleeves, two pockets, 4 belt loops, and all the finishings.
Sleeves with cuffs and buttons
Not the average pocket
I was at first intimidated by Oliver and S's rating of 3 out of 4 scissors for level of difficulty on this pattern. However, I'm pretty positive that is more for the amount of time that you had to spend than anything else. I've never used an Oliver and S pattern before, but I will for sure buy another pattern from them in the future. It was so well written, and really there was never a moment when I felt like there wasn't enough information given for me to complete the dress.
I used a Blake Riley fabric from the line Rainy Days and Mondays. I love this fabric, but adding a second fabric for the inside of the placket and the sash could have made this dress even more smashing.
I hope to get a picture of my little model in this dress tomorrow, so come back for an update.
P.S. - This pattern was time consuming, but I got sick this last week, and that is why it might appear to have taken me a week to sew this dress. Realistically it is a two night sewing project. You could feasible cut the pattern and fabric and get the dress started one night, and then finish it up the next.