Monday, August 30, 2010

Just wondering...

If the enchilada sauce came out of the bow shirt.  I was so sad to hear the new creation got stained, but I totally understood.


Moments after I took the above picture of Grace in the A-line dress she got dry erase marker on it.  Black dry erase marker to be more specific.  I immediate went to work on it trying to get the stain out.  I got it to fade, but dry erase is synonymous with permanent.  Oh well.  I mean I did make the dress for a four year old, so what did I expect!?!  I think I expected at least one wear out of the dress before it got stained.

But I'll get over it.

As for the back of the A-line dress, here's a pic for you!


The pattern called for elastic cording and a button to close.  I used the patterns placement for the button and cording, but it was all wrong.  Next time I'll just place it closer to the neckline.  I also had to use bias tape for the cording because I only had black elastic cording, and that just wasn't going to match!

This weekend I started it of by making the most delicious whole wheat pizza.  The Italian is bit of a health nut, so I've been searching for a good whole wheat pizza dough that tastes as good as white dough.  I think I've found it.


I'll post the recipe another night.  I have to wake up early tomorrow. Sorry!

Next I made another bow pillow.  Remember when I made this one?  I've been wanting to make one for myself since I saw the cute one I made for my mom at her house.  I thought it would be the first thing I made when I got home from my vacation in the South.  Guess that didn't work out the way I thought it would!


Maybe a bit too much to have the brown animal print next to the black and white one??

I'm almost done with making pillow for my couch.  I have a rectangular pillow form that I want to make a cover for, but I just haven't been hit with the inspiration of what to do to it.  Stay tuned!

I didn't make this next item, but I'm so excited it arrived in my mailbox on Friday.  It's another B to add to my B wall.  I found it here.  I love my new B, and if you want a letter or two for yourself just know that shipping is free!


Lastly I whipped up a quick banner tonight for a friend.  Just a little *celebrate* love being spread from the west coast MOM headquarters.


And that's all!  I'm off to bed right at midnight.  That's early, right??

2 comments:

Annee said...

It does seem that next time the elastic loop should be closer to the top. But I do like that closure. I wonder if it needs one at all?

The enchilada sauce came out! It had to soak for nearly a week, but it washed out. Thank goodness.

Your newest "B" is darling. I probably need one too.

You got to make a bow pillow for yourself? I'm so jealous. I need one.

Yes please, I would LOVE the wheat dough recipe.

Sarah said...

Tragic about the dress's encounter with the dry erase marker.

That pizza looks yummy, I need that recipe too. The "B" is very cool!! can you take a pic so we can see how you integrated into the collection?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...