Monday, January 24, 2011

There is no place like...


I've decided that this is my new favorite view in my home.



Maybe even step back a little bit more and take in the whole view of the front of my home (minus the coffee table that doubles as a train table).


I really do think there is no place like home, and even though lots of days I wish I had a bigger home, I love where I live.  I love it.  I'm also loving my grown shrine to Anna Maria Horner.  I should probably email her and tell her how much I love her fabric and everything she creates.

After I made my Hoot Wall Hanging, I felt like the area on the left of the front window of my home looked bare.  It just needed something.  I had an idea of buying fabric letters with all the initials of the members of my family from Anthropologie and hang them in order by age.  Too bad Anthropologie is basically all sold out of their fabric letters, AND we haven't decided on a name for our new little bundle of joy coming in a couple of months, so that idea went out the window.  (Well, out the window until Anthropologie restocks and we decide on a name.)

So I went back to the drawing board in my brain, and I had the thought of this cute pillow Annee made many months ago. I alway liked it, but I don't have a real need for new throw pillows.  Then I realized I could take the wonky house tutorial and turn the quilting technique into a wall hanging.  

Seriously close to 10+ hours later, I hung up my Home Wall Hanging.



Who knew that make a border for a circle could be so hard.  I used all my new Anna Maria Horner Innocent Crush fabrics to make this wall hanging hence the growing shrine to my idol.



I also tried another stitch on my sewing machine and added some detail to the border fabrics.


In the end, I'm 95% happy with my Home Hanging.  If I had to do it all over again, I'd probably change a thing or two about the wonky house, but for now I'm just happy to have something new adding color and happiness to my home!

3 comments:

Kristina said...

so cute!! love the new blog header too.

Zerique said...

i love that little house. i wouldnt change it!

Annee said...

I still don't really know how you made it. I was looking forward to some really technical sewing talk! It's lovely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...