Saturday, January 1, 2011

It's a Hoot!

The Italian is on the freeway headed home, so I thought I should post this before he and my darling little ones arrive.  They've been at grandma's house, and I got to relish in a quiet house, sewing, movies, fun outings, dining out daily, and all together the freedom from my daily duties for 3 1/2 days.  It's been heavenly.  But before my freedom festival is over, I wanted to share the projected I started and finished yesterday.

A week before Christmas I stumbled upon this blog and this owl wall hanging.  As I mentioned in my last post, I've really liking the owl trend, so I knew I needed an owly of my own!!  I followed the link to Christina's shop, and found that I could buy my own screen printed owl on linen.  I didn't even think twice I just bought him!



I again used my Anna Maria Horner fat quarters to make this wall hanging.  I didn't repeat a single fabric on the front, and the binding is also made from a yard of one of her fabrics I own.


On the back I pieced some Anna Maria scraps I had with some faux linen.  On the front I used real linen, but the back is going to be seen by the wall, so I figured fake linen was okay on the back.


I hung my Hoot Wall Hanging by my embroidery hoop shrine to Anna Maria and next to my panel window treatments also a fabric by Anna Maria.  It's now my fabric corner in the house.  The Italian might have some other words to describe my Anna corner, but he's a loving husband who recognizes that this is my work space.  I'm here every day, so he pretty much let's me decorate how I want.  Love him for that!


And that wraps up the fruit of my labors from Freedom Festival 2010!!

P.S. - If you like the owl but don't want a wall hanging in your house, maybe you'd like to turn it into a pillow like Angela did.

5 comments:

Annee said...

Well, all I can say is that I have now ordered an owl! I hope you don't mind if in a short while I have an owl hanging on the wall at my house too. Yours turned out so lovely!! So, so lovely. Even the back is over the top! This makes my mind explode with possibilities for the new year...

Liz said...

Everyone should have a hoot hanging in their house! I'm so glad you bought an owl. You'll be so happy looking at it on your wall!

And, seriously, the options are endless for what you could do with the owl or what other wall hangings you could make. I've made more pillows than I have space to put them, so now maybe I'll transition into my wall hanging phase. :)

Sarah said...

I LOVE IT!! Annee I think you bought the last one, I hope more go on sale!

Annee said...

Oooo! I'm so excited I didn't hesitate too long before making my purchase :)

cheeriBABY said...

Super cute! Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...