Thursday, January 6, 2011

Schoolhouse Tunic Revival

I'm at the stage in my pregnancy where I'm not big enough to where maternity clothes, and I'm not small enough to comfortably wear lots of my clothes.  On Wednesday I had plans to go to lunch with a friend, and on Tuesday night as I laid awake trying to go to sleep I wondered what I was going to wear.  I totally needed to look cute!  I went through all of my option in my head, and I came across the Schoolhouse Tunic.


You might remember when Annee first introduced this pattern to us last year in the early spring.  I believe she made two, and I made two too.  You can find them all here, here, and here.

My Schoolhouse Tunic was the perfect item of clothing to wear.  I paired it with jeans and a light cardigan.  (It was warmish in Northern California on Wednesday so the light cardigan worked.)  Of course my favorite pair of shoes were an essential part of the outfit too.  I *heart* Seychelles shoes.



I'm thinking I might need to sew some more Schoolhouse Tunics to grow with my pregnant self.  Stay tuned!

6 comments:

Kristina said...

so fun! you should start your own mid pregnancy clothing line :) that is the worst period for getting dressed! i think i wore the same 3 outfits for weeks and weeks. next time i'll have to commission you to make something for me :)

Annee said...

You're making me want to make another one. They are SO comfy! Even when not in an awkward stage of pregnancy.

Sarah said...

I've wanted to make one of these ever since MOM's last Schoolhouse tunic run. Maybe 2011 will be the year :)

Candice said...

Liz, I have a new sewing machine! Now I need fabric. Where are you getting yours from now that the South Korea supplier is gone?

Liz said...

I'm so glad you got a new sewing machine, Candice! It's definitely been hard adjusting to NOT having a Korean connection for fabric. I recently bought fabric at a fabric store in Santa Cruz (an hour drive away), but I think you can find better prices online. I most recently bought fabric from this Etsy shop. http://www.etsy.com/shop/mandimade

If you need any more help, let me know.

Happy Sewing!

Kristina said...

ps- liz u are one darling pregnant lady!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...