Thursday, January 20, 2011

Blue Bear couldn't be left out!


After capturing George's sad face yesterday, I quickly whipped up this little blanket for his Blue Bears last night.  (We have two because he's had the worn out looking one since he was 3 weeks old, and we need a back up just in case something happens to his precious little friend!)  The Italian saw George find his new little blanket all staged with his New Blue Bear outside his bedroom door this morning.  The Italian said he was pleasantly surprised and excited when he saw the mini blanket.



This little quilt was easier than the Picket Fence Pillow mini quilt I made Grace.  I free hand cut all the colorful fabrics, and then without pinning (sometimes I really don't like to use pins) I just sewed them all together.  Then I added some faux linen to the sides.



After choosing a fabric for the back, I added a piece of quilt batting between the two layers and did a couple of quilting stitches to keep it all in place.  I then finished it with binding it by machine.  This was such a fast project which is my favorite kind!



The dog stitch is my favorite.  George thought the dog was pretty funny and will bark like a dog when he shows you the little line of dogs on his quilt.



Knowing that my sewing can make my kids smile makes sewing that much more enjoyable for me!

5 comments:

Jana said...

I love George's blanket. and his bears are so cute. i think it's time for some boy sewing tutorials.

Sarah said...

Cute and colorful. So happy George got one. How can you deny that kid anything, he's so cute. I love the little doggies.!!

Kristina said...

those dog stitches are so cute!!

Liz said...

Jana, I'd love to make some boy tutorials. I just need to figure out what to make for a boy. Any suggestions??

Annee said...

Your sewing machine has a dog stitch?! Wow. I love the fabrics you picked. So cute that you could make little George so happy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...