Thursday, January 27, 2011

Everything starts with a vision.

In this case, it was Ruby's vision:


Ruby got a little Snow White baby doll for Christmas.  It's been rather chilly here in the South, and she has been feeling badly that Baby Snow White's outfit is really inappropriate for winter.  She came to me with this picture and asked me if I could make it.  It's taken a few weeks for the project to work it's way to the top of my list, but today was Snow White's lucky day!




Happy to report that baby Snow White is warm on the outside.  And Ruby was all warm and cozy on the inside, when she came home from school today and saw that her mama had "listened" to her.

As I knew she would, she asked me when I was going to make the dress that was also taped to her inspiration page.  Sadly, I am a little less eager to make the cocktail dress she designed.  Anyway, maybe I'll find a way to make it a little more, ahem, appropriate?

That's all for now.  Except to say, nothing makes me more proud, than using my sewing skills to make little people feel loved.  It feels most rewarding.

P.S. Yes, I'll be making a second one, Jane and baby Aurora felt rather left out.

P.P.S.  No pattern, just a few brain cells, tracing around baby Snow White, fleece, and an hour of my time.  You can do it too!

1 comment:

Liz said...

So cute! And so great that you could make Ruby's day! Definitely one of the best reasons to sew.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...