Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A new pillow.

A few posts back, Liz made an amazingly beautiful owl wall hanging for a little corner in her house.  She used so many of my favorite fabrics in one single wall hanging, it was hard not to love it so bad that I needed one too!  But, when she included the link to this cute little pillow that a fellow blogger Angela had made, I was overcome with an even worst case of pillow envy.  I really needed an owl pillow in order for my life to be complete.  A quick Etsy purchase later, and I had the little printed owl in my mail box waiting to be created with.  Please enjoy my new:

Owl Pillow.

At first I thought it was going to go the same route as Liz, and use as many Anna Maria Horner fabrics that I could come up with.  But late one night in the sewing garage, I remembered a small collection of owl prints, and black and white fabrics that I had been saving for who knows what?!  It all started falling into place.  And since my green bow pillow remains a steady favorite, I knew adding a touch of that same Kelly green could only increase my love of this owly creation! 


The Back:

Can you believe I omitted my beloved hidden zipper, in favor of this envelop style back, just because I wanted to include that little stripe of black and white polka dots?! 



I constructed the owl block in the same manner as a log cabin quilt block.  I added a few touches of hand embroidery, mixed in with just a bit of machine quilting for dimension.  My new pillow looks so darn cute next to my green bow pillow, on the white couch...but it's too new right now to keep it in just one place.  Right now it is on the whole house rotation, moving from couch to chair to bench, until I find where it seems to have been made to sit.

I'm entering it into this month's Blogger Pillow Party.  Check out all the other fun pillow creations that people have posted.  No need to have pillow envy for long, in this sewing world.  Just sew one up for yourself, that's what I say!

Blogger's Pillow Party

10 comments:

Liz said...

I love it!! Such a darling pillow!! If I didn't have an owl hanging on my wall, I'd be turning my hoot into a pillow.

I love the addition of the owl and black and white polka dot on the back. Perfect touch!

Rachel said...

Um, I have pillow envy. I didn't know I got that.

Jamie said...

Love the owl! Too cute!

Sarah said...

That's adorable Annee!! I was looking at the entries in the pillow party last night. I think yours has them all beat!! So cute.

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

Love the green, love the owl, love the back! Thanks for sharing =)

Wendy said...

Such a lovely pillow, and the envelope back with the stripes really sets it off!

Flori said...

Oh, that's so cute!! Wow--you have been a busy lady this month already!

Anonymous said...

Hello! That is so wonderful Owl pillow! You have made it with a lot of talent and you have used so perfect colours! Everything is just matching so well! Nice to recognize a white-green bird fabric!
I'm happy I found you and your lovely crafts!

Thearica said...

Love those greens, blacks and whites!! Your owl pillow is awesome!

Kate S. said...

Love how you used the owl print and the green with the black & white! Super cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...