Thursday, January 20, 2011

A baby gift



I had a baby shower to go to tonight for Baby Joe.  I whipped up this cute little appliqued ribbon blanket last night.  This is a very easy project.  Anyone could handle this!!  My mom did NOT teach me to sew when I was growing up, and I actually showed her how to make these, and now she makes them for the babies in the hospital.  I originally followed THIS tutorial which can always be found on our sidebar under "Tried and True Tutorials" beause we believe it is that good.

I used another Riley Blake Wheels By My Minds Eye.  It's just the cutest fabric line for little boys!  I also used the same minky for the back that I used on my Simple Baby Blanket.



Try one.  You'll like.  And any expecting mom will be so pleased to have one for her new little baby.

Have a great weekend!  I'm hoping to get a new dress sewn for Grace before Sunday.  Fingers crossed.

3 comments:

Diana said...

Um, yes! As the recipient of this gift, I can testify to it's a.w.e.s.o.m.e.-ness!... And it made my heart melt when you said "BAby Joe"!!! One more thing, I am eating Chocolate Cheerios as we speak! Or as I write this rather. How you have impacted my life already... ;)

Sarah said...

Oh I do love that wheels fabric!!

Candice said...

After 9 months, Peter still uses his ribbon blanket from you ALL THE TIME.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...